The present Privacy Statement applies to all processing of personal data (“Personal Data”) by Woman on Board, including the website. (“Website”). “Woman on Board” (or “WoB”) is a asbl/vzw, having its registered address Bld de la Woluwedal 58, 1040 Brussels , registered with KBO/BCE 821.065.210 Brussels. The goal of WoB (“Goal”) is to identify and provide network opportunities for woman having the potential to grow to board positions, and making these profiles known to the outside world, via activities, recruitment and other.
WoB is the Controller of any Personal Data collected via the Website and as otherwise through its activities, as described herein. WoB takes the data protection and privacy responsibilities seriously: this policy which explains how WoB collects and uses Personal Data provided. Please read this policy carefully to understand our practices in relation to Personal Data.
WoB reserves the right to modify or amend this privacy statement at any time and for any reason. The revised privacy statement shall apply from the date of the publication of the revised privacy statement on WoB’ Website. Please make sure you check this privacy statement regularly to ensure to be familiar with the latest version.
Collection of Personal Data: types
For the purposes below, WoB may collect the following types of Personal Data: name, first name, address, IP address, telephone number, CV information (as provided by WoB members) and financial information (bank account details).
Special Categories of Personal Data and Personal Data of Minors
WoB does not collect any special categories of Personal Data nor any Personal Data of minors.
Collection of Personal Data: purposes
WoB collects and processes Personal Data for various purposes:
- Identifying and contacting suitable candidates to join WoB, including assessing their capabilities and admitting them as members.
- Hosting a database of members, accessible to the members and to selected third parties, for the purposes of networking and for recruiting.
- Identifying and contacting suitable persons for its governing bodies, assessing these persons and introducing them into the WoB activities.
- Organizing events and activities, training and coaching in the framework of its Goal.
- Contacting and entering into business relations with (potential) customers which may be recruitment agencies, headhunters, individual companies seeking board members.
- As regards the Website: after your consent, to contact, you allow other third parties to view the profile you put on the online database, which is in the secured login section of our Website, to improve our services to you and customize your browsing experience, to help us improve our website; and to track any fraudulent activities and other inappropriate activities and monitor content integrity on our Website.
- Legal requirements and audits;
- Interacting with and complying with government or competent authority requirements.
- Contacting and entering into relations with service and goods’ providers, including selected social media;
- Properly managing its assets.
Collection of Personal Data: legal basis
WoB’ legal basis for collecting and processing Personal Data depends on the purpose of collection and hence are: (i) legitimate interest in order to ensure the business interactions with potential customers, service providers, as well as with investors and to manage WoB’ assets (ii) execution of a contract with customers, suppliers, other third party business partners, consultants and employees, (iii) fulfilling its legal obligations in various fields and (iv) consent in such cases as required such as making a member’s personal data available on the Website, or sending direct marketing mails. Where the basis of Processing is your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent, and therefore prevent that Processing, at any time. If you are a WoB member, you also have the option to delete your profile at any time from the secured, login section of our Website. Please contact us by sending us an email at email@example.com if you would like to withdraw your consent
Retention & Deletion of Personal Data
The Personal Data is kept for a term as is needed based on the purpose for which such Personal Data is collected. We may need to keep your Personal Data for a longer term if required by law, regulatory, tax or accounting requirements. Please contact us by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding how long we store your Personal Data or if you wish us to delete your Personal Data. If you are a WoB member, you also have the option to delete your profile at any time from the secured, login section of our Website.
Disclosure of Personal Data to third parties
WoB will never share the Personal Data with third parties for secondary or unrelated purposes unless otherwise disclosed at the point of collection. WoB may share Personal Data with third parties where required for achieving the above purposes. WoB shares the Personal Data of the WoB members, via its online database, after the consent of such member, with other members, with its governing bodies and with third parties to achieve to above purposes.
WoB does not transfer your Personal Data to third countries outside of the EU.
Access to Personal Data
WoB is dedicated to providing access to persons who wish to review the Personal Data WoB processes about them and/or correct any inaccuracies it may contain. Please send an email to email@example.com for this. If you are a WoB member, you also have the option to delete your profile at any time from the secured, login section of our Website.
Your rights as a data subject
The GDPR and its implementing legislation give you several rights to manage your Personal Data. These rights are :
- the right to access the Personal Data which WoB holds about you.
- the right to request that this Personal Data be corrected, limited or deleted,
- the right to object to the processing of the Personal Data.
- Personal Data that you have transmitted to WoB, can be requested back in a machine-readable format.
- If you are of the opinion that WoB has not properly treated your Personal Data, you also have the right to launch a complaint. WoB lead Data Protection Authority is the Belgian Data protection Authority (https://WoB.gegevensbeschermingsautoriteit.be/burger/startpagina), whom you can contact in such case. You have also the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection supervisory authority at any time.
The easiest way to exercise your rights is to send a simple mail, specifying your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
WoB highly values your privacy and would kindly request that for any questions or concerns you have on the use of your Personal Data, you contact us first via the above email address.
WoB has in place market conform standards of technology and operational security to protect your Personal Data collected as per the above from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. Whilst WoB takes all reasonable measures to ensure confidentiality of the Personal Data communicated by you, you should however acknowledge that transmission of Personal Data via the Internet is never without risk. To the fullest extent permitted by law, you agree therefore, that any possible direct or indirect damage that he or she would suffer following an illegal or wrongful use of his or her Personal Data by third parties who do not have authorization to do so, can never be allocated to nor recovered from WoB.
Questions, feedback, concerns regarding this privacy statement can be addressed via email@example.com.