Admission to the Women on Board talent pool
It is recommended that boards of directors be composed of members from diverse professional backgrounds combining a broad spectrum of experience and expertise with a reputation for integrity.
All board members need to have experience in positions with a high degree of responsibility and have a proven track record of sound business judgment.
All board members are guided exclusively by the board’s goals, while upholding their independence of judgment, decision and action under all circumstances.
To adequately fulfil its responsibilities, the board as a whole should possess certain core competences, with each member being appointed on the basis of his/her potential contribution to one or more of these competences in terms of knowledge, experience and skills.
To make sure that our members are qualified to sit on the boards of Belgian enterprises, Women on Board has defined a Core Competence Profile. Candidate members should ensure that their profile is in line with the requirements set forth therein.
To this end:
- Candidate members should be willing to assess their personal board membership profile;
- The recommendation of the Admissions Committee on candidacies serves as input for the Board’s decision on admission;
- The Board’s decision is based on solely objective criteria inspired by the Core Competence Profile;
- Both the Admissions Committee and the Board undertake to examine applications with empathy and from an objective and neutral viewpoint, in the sole interest of candidates;
- Should a member of the Admissions Committee or the Board find herself/himself in a conflict of interest in respect of a candidate, she (or he) will refrain from participating in the admissions process.