Women on Board mission
Women on Board is a non-profit association dedicated to promoting female access to directorship roles within Belgian enterprises (public and private) and associations.
Set up in December 2009 as a non-profit organisation, Women on Board continues to work on its primary goals:
- to increase the number of associate members, i.e. women ready to take up board positions (the talent pool), and
- to facilitate access to this pool for Belgian enterprises searching for female directors.
Women on Board is looking to replace 2 of its board members.
Women on Board vision
THREE KEY PROMISSES
- Women on Board offers to help corporates, SME’s and NGO’s build gender-diverse boards.
Women on Board counts 300 talented ladies ready for board positions, starting from C-Level experience to skillsets that vary from Financial, Digital, Strategy, Transformation, and Science to People and many more. If you are looking for board members or advisory board members, we can connect you to these talents
- Gender-diverse boards contribute to better-performing companies and organisations.
Many types of research have demonstrated that gender-diverse boards are better performant, respect the equality of talents and are role models of inclusivity. As such, better-performant organisations are more competitive and help the economy grow stronger. Women on Board supports the current target to have 33 or 40 % women on boards, but aims higher and believes that boards with a 50 % gender composition will be the future normal
- Gender diverse boards are leverage to engage for a better future.
Organisations with gender-diverse boards are believed to generate added value on strong long-term vision, sustainability and considering the impact of the climate, next to good relations with social partners and having a clear diversity policy. These qualities are exactly the most top-of-mind challenges for boards and for society as a whole and cornerstones of the European Green Deal.
Women on Board counts 320 associate members, 60 supportive members, about 40 searches for directorship positions per year, 6 to 7 events per year, a mentoring program for Women on Track
25 Corporate Partners of Women on Board contribute to the financial revenues of Women on Board, co-organise events and associate their image to this economically important challenge and the focus on board diversity.
An open and interactive organisation
Other organizations collaborate with Women on Board: Guberna, BoardCompanions, many Executive Search Offices, Insead Alumni, VBO, VOKA, VKW Limburg, Unizo, Euronext, Women in Finance…
At most of our events, Women on Board opens its doors to female and male invitees.
Board of directors
The role of the Board is fully in line with the principles of good governance.
The Board is currently composed of: Chairwoman Gaëlle Helsmoortel and members Patricia Ceyssens, Grégoire Dallemagne, Dina De Haeck, Monica De Jonghe, Thibaut Georgin, Ingrid Gonnissen, Dirk Luyten, Dirk Oosterlinck, Catherine Rutten, Claire Van Bergen, Sylvie Van den Eynde.
The Board wants to strengthen and diversify its composition and is looking for candidates to replace the members whose mandate is coming to an end.
What we expect from board members
The tasks of the board members are to:
- participate to the meetings of the board (4/Y) and the general assembly
- participate on a regular basis to the events organised
- strengthen the external image of Women on Board
- boost the mission of Women on Board and attract members, corporate partners, and companies looking for candidates for their board
- be a sounding board for the general manager
Profile of the candidates
We are looking for candidates with
- an engagement for the mission of Women on Board
- demonstrated results in the field of diversity
- an active professional executive or non-executive function
- experience as a board member
- a broad business network of Chairs and CEO’s of organizations, institutions and decision-makers
- a team player mentality and a serving attitude
You can send your cv with a motivation letter to gaëllehelsmoortel@gmail.com with the general manager in cc firstname.lastname@example.org, before 5 April 2023.
The Nomination Committee will prepare the shortlist for the board and will propose the candidates to the General Assembly on 4 July 2023.